Friday, August 3, 2007

Dude, It's Time to Move On

Another story from Reuters for you, this one involving a 61 year old man who not only still lives with his mother, but receives an allowance from her as well. While the article does point out that it is not uncommon for men in Italy to live at home until well into their thirties, this guy is WAY past that mark, and past the age when he should be supporting himself. At the very least, he should be chipping in for household expenses.

In the interest of full disclosure, I'm 25, and share an apartment with my mother, who is turning 48 on Sunday (although if you saw her, you'd probably call me a liar to my face). I don't make much money but I do chip in as much as I can, and help out with household duties. I can cook, I can clean, I do windows, all that jazz. Sorry ladies, I'm not in the market. :-D

No comments: