Thursday, October 30, 2008

Another Place where Photo ID Is Required

As I have mentioned before on this blog, I am currently enrolled part time at MATC, attending classes at the downtown campus. As I was walking back to my car after class today, I passed the Student Accounts window, where students can pick up financial aid checks. Prominently displayed is a sign stating that in order to do so, a student must present their valid MATC Student ID card and... a driver's license, state ID, or Milwaukee County ID.

And yet, MATC brings in Jim Doyle to speak to the student body. The same Jim Doyle who has opposed Voter ID at every turn. In order to pick up a financial aid check at MATC, I need a photo ID. But in order to vote, all I have to do is walk in and tell them my name.

What's wrong with this picture?

No comments: